Ecology and conservation of the Earth. These are the issues of the future and heritage for their children for the Germans. They are ready to spend thousands of euros to build energy-efficient buildings, installing advanced equipment in order to reduce CO2 emissions into the atmosphere. Such actions and responsibility for the future not only applies to energy efficiency, but also to other environmental issues, such as sorting and recycling of garbage.
9 facts about energy efficiency in Germany:
1. Energy efficiency materials are used for the construction of new houses and the reconstruction of existing buildings.Not all materials used in Germany are presented in the Ukrainian market.
2. Particular attention is paid to ventilation systems. To reduce heat losses, ventilation systems with heat exchangers are used where the warm air leaving the room heats the incoming cold air. This allows to return up to 70-80% of the heat. Scientifically, it sounds like heat recuperation.
3. To seal the shell of the building, the seams are glued with a special "tape", which allows you not to let the heat out of the house and makes the shell of the building airtight.
4. Project of the building. This is the main tool for any construction.The building is constructed clearly according to the design, in which all the technical aspects are pre-registered, up to the location of the technological holes.The project is developed by the architect, in cooperation with the designer and technical specialists in accordance with the legislation on energy-efficient construction.
5. The entire responsibility for the construction and implementation of the project is borne by the architect, carrying out technical and architectural supervision of the construction (reconstruction). In the case of increased energy consumption, which is caused by violations of construction technologies and inconsistencies in design decisions, threatens litigation and fines for the architect.
6. Germany has reached such a level of energy efficiency that it fights for 3-5% of energy savings. In Ukraine, the potential for energy saving and energy efficiency reaches 50-60%.
7. Facades and premises of buildings of architectural monuments are repaired with the use of new energy-saving materials (for example vacuum cassettes), but without changing the external appearance of the building and made from the inside part of the walls. If there is wooden window on the facade - it's forbidden to replace by plastic. Plastic windows can be installed inside the house, as additional, in order to reduce heat loss.
8. The cost of electricity is on average 6 times more expensive than in Ukraine. But we recall that energy consumption in Germany is at the level of 15 kW/m2 per year, and in Ukraine the level of 200-300 kW/m2 per year.
9. А heat that is generated in the warmest rooms (for example bathroom, kitchen) can be used for heating hot water, using a heat pump integrated into the ventilation system. The cost of installation for this process is about 8 thousand euros for a family of 4 people. + ventilation system 10 thousand euros.
Thanks to our super agent for preparing this post who was trained at the seminar by the experts of the Berlin Academy of Renewable Energy Sources AG (RENAC, Germany).