177 mln € for all participating cities. Loans: EIB — 75 mln €; EBRD — 75 mln €; the rest — internal funds of cities, technical assistance
The project’s goal is to reduce deaths and injuries on the roads by improving road infrastructure, infrastructure for pedestrians, cyclists and public transport.
The project provides:
- An installation of 347 stop complexes on the public transport routes
- 144,7 km of enclosures on tram routes
- 50 exits of vehicles intersecting with tram tracks
- Construction of overground pedestrian crossings, traffic lights, improvement of problem areas (blackspots), passive support of public transport: Semena Paliya str. / South road; Luzanivka; Nebesnoi Sotni Avenue/Levitana str.; areas near School №45 and School №23; Seredniofontanska str., 23
- Equipage of 50 pedestrian crossings by safety islands with illumination
- Equipage of 400 pedestrian crossings with a pedestrian lighting system
- organization of roundabouts at 10 dangerous intersections in dormitory districts
- installation of 4,000 anti-parking poles in the historic city center
- development of new pedestrian zones and public places in the city on 4 dead-end streets of the city
- 17 km of bicycle routs
- equipment of 30 raised pedestrian crossings with illumination on streets with moderate traffic with 2-3 lanes and lighting, in front of schools, kindergartens, hospitals, parks and crowded places
- 50 raised pedestrian crossings in inter-quarter passages and lanes
- transformation of the road space of 4 central streets (systematization of parking lots, dedicated lanes of public transport, bicycle lanes)
Reducing road deaths and injuries by improving road infrastructure, infrastructure for pedestrians, cyclists and public transport.
The city supports participation in the project. The investor can implement the infrastructure component within the project and act as a contractor on a competitive base.
Interested in funding this project?Contact us